Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sprout is OUT!!

So, yeah. Everything went pretty quick yesterday. Aww, who am I kidding. It went like a ROCKET!! Man!

When last I blogged, I had progressed from 1 cm to 10 cm in about 3 hours. And two of those hours were spent progressing without proper medication numbing my lower extremities. THAT was not fun. Holy cow. May God bless that second anesthesiologist richly. Is all I have to say. :o)

My OB got there, and got all suited up about 10:30, we got Dave holding one leg, the nurse holding the other, and I commensed to pushing. I think it was harder this time, pushing the baby out, than it was with Mookie, but she came out quicker. With Mookie, I pushed through 4 contractions, and with Sprout, I only pushed through 3. It took about the same amount of time, but it was just a smidge different. :o) And...

Sprout was born at 10:48am, and weighed 6 pounds, 7 ounces, and was 19.5 inches long.

A few minutes after birth

The proud Papa

My friend Emily came to the hospital Monday night to take pictures.
This is MAGICAL!!

Sweet sister smooch

A family of four.

Sweet Cherub Cheeks
(awesome quilt made by Kelly)


Mommy and baby (and Papa) are doing fine. We all got a bit of sleep last night, which was luxurious. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more of the same tonight.

But for now, I've got to go fight with Dave for some snuggle time. He is Mr Grabby Hands with her. It's almost as bad as trying to pry the remote out of his hands!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for new babies, so sweet melissa! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. You have such a beautiful family. I can't believe that you were blogging while in labor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Just wow! You had a baby on your blog! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY! major congratulations to you all!

    ReplyDelete

What are you sewing?