Wednesday, December 7, 2011

{WiP} Wednesday - Oh My December Stars!

I promise I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth. I've even been sewing! Not much, but some. Taking care of a 3 year old, a 1 year old and being pregnant with a third is really taxing! Who knew? :o)

Most of what I've been working on has been bee blocks, though I did create a few simple gifts for our Front Range Modern Quilt Guild Christmas Scrap Swap. That was fun. :o)  I plan to do a separate post about that...one of these days.

For now, though, I'm going to tell you what I'm currently working on...since this is a WiP post, and all. 

First, I'm stuck in the final stages of finishing the do.Good Stitches quilts for the homeless family. Final stages. Binding. I don't know why I'm stuck, but I am. I really need to finish them, though. And soon!

Second, today I am finishing a little colored pencil roll that we will give to one of Mookie's little friends for her 4th birthday on Friday.  I used Pynkhope's tutorial, but wanted to make it for 16 pencils, so I enlarged it. I've loved the fabric (from Joann's) forever, and I'm glad to finally be using it!
Colored Pencil Roll {WiP}

I also want to write up a tutorial for the Christmas tree wall hanging I made for Beth for the FRMQG swap. I've got the fabric all ready, I just need to find the motivation! :) Here are the fabrics I'm going to use, though:


Fabric for Quilted Tree


And then I'm going to make an infinity scarf for each of Mookie's preschool teachers. We made the mug rugs for the start of school, so I wanted to come up with something different, yet simple.

Gosh!! I can't believe I didn't blog about that?! Well, yes I can. September kicked my butt. I'm not surprised. Anyways, here's a picture of the mug rugs we made. I "painted" over where she wrote her name since I don't ever put it on here. :)  We used Crayola's Fabric Markers, and OH MAN!!!! Those things are FANTABULOUS!!!  I was incredibly impressed with the colors, with the saturation, with the lack of bleeding. If you do any writing or coloring on fabric, I suggest you fork over the $5 and get a set of them. They are really that good.


I don't plan on making any other Christmas gifts, other than the Shutterfly calendars we do every year. Does that count? I think it should! :)

But I do have at least 3 quilts in my head that I would LOVE to start. One will be secret for a gift that I wanted to make months ago, one will use the yellow and gray hexies I got from our last Flickr swap, and the other will use a rainbow of scraps. I know it's terribly shocking that I want to make another rainbow quilt. :)  I've only made 2. That's not excessive!  And, I've given both away, so it's not like I've got a stash of rainbow quilts by the sofa. I think it's high time to make another. Plus, it's going to be COOL! And different. In a "we've kinda seen this before, but not really" kind of way.

I'm sure there's more that I'm working on, but that's all I can think of right now. I really want to get that colored pencil roll done, so no more computer time for me!

OH...and in case you recall from my last {WiP} post...6 weeks ago...we had the "anatomy scan" ultrasound, and there is, as I suspected, a very healthy baby boy in there. He is very active, and everything appears to be going and growing as it should. So, come April, my world will officially go from pink to blue. :)

Hope you have a great week!

(Lee at Freshly Pieced isn't hosting her {WiP} weekly linky-do till after the first of the year, but I still wanted to do my own :)

3 comments:

  1. Cute projects. I LOVE that fabric from Joann's. And yay on the baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for getting some sewing done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Christmas wall hanging you made! So fun and fresh. And congrats on getting a little variety in your household :)

    ReplyDelete

What are you sewing?