Thursday, January 10, 2013

WIDRN => What I'm Doing Right Now

I'm on InstaGram. Are you? I'm mtnmel if you want to find me there. I mostly post pictures of the kids, and what little sewing I seem to do. I'm really loving IG.

So I took the popular hashtag #widrn for this post. :)

So, what AM I doing right now??  Not what I'm supposed to be doing, that's for sure! :)

I need to be working on the agenda for the Front Range MQG leadership meeting on Saturday, but with Cinderella playing in the background, I can't really think. :-/

I need to be working on my Madrona Road challenge. I figured out what I'm going to do, and I'm quite excited about it. :)  It's a little bit modern, a little bit traditional. I'll do a little hand quilting, and a little machine quilting. We're doing a secret pillow swap, and it's possible my partner reads my blog, so I can't say anything more, but I promise to post pictures of my progress...once I actually start!! :)

And somehow...

SOMEHOW...

I neglected to tell you something very important...

Remember my Butterflies and Rainbows quilt, Hope Takes Flight? Well, I decided to enter it into QuiltCon in the Bee category, and while I think they're mistaken, the judges chose the quilt for the contest!

IT'S GOING TO AUSTIN!!!

I'M GOING TO AUSTIN!!!

Now, you might be a bit confused, thinking "I thought she gave the quilt to Restore Innocence already?" And you'd be right!  BUT...

I'm making another one. :)  When I first asked the Faith circle of the do.Good Stitches bee for butterfly blocks, I had a different design in mind. Once the blocks started coming, I realized that I couldn't handle that design (too too much going on), so I redesigned it using only half the blocks. So I always knew I was going to make two quilts, I just didn't expect that one would be selected to go to QuiltCon! :)  The second one will be identical, so nothing to worry about there. :) 

Can you tell the difference?

Número Dos


Butterflies and Rainbows ~ Faith Do.Good Stitches September QuiltObviously the second one is the first one. Or, uh...the one on the right is the first one... :) You know what I mean.  But they look pretty similar, no?

So, anyway...I'm frantically making the second quilt now. And I swear, I will NOT have the same quilting problems that I had with the first. I can't. I just can't. Lightning doesn't strike the same place twice, right? :)  Plus, I'm going to long arm this one, if I can.

My children seem to be foiling my plans, though and needing me when I should be sewing. Sheesh! :)

And so, #widrn? I'm trying to figure out how to get that done without me actually having to sew it. Or maybe I'll figure out how to clone myself first.

Once I finish that, I've got 4 bee blocks to make, and a Sugar Block Club block to make. I'm using polka dots. Are you in The Club, too? Amy is such a sweetie, I'm glad to be a part of this block-of-the-month club.

Gotta run. It's time to feed the cuties. Hope you're having a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Oh thank god you explained that hashtag! I got tagged last night and hadn't a clue what it meant o.O Congrats on the acceptance, and hope the quilting goes well this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is fantastic!! Something that I quilted will be at the show as well. :) Woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful Melissa! I just know the quilting will be better this time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing quilt! I read several deferent posts and Im going to QuiltCon too! Can't wait to see this one there.

    ReplyDelete

What are you sewing?