Wednesday, March 13, 2013

{WiP} Wednesday ~ 11/52

Hi there! I'm sorry I've been gone so long. I hope you're doing well, and enjoying Spring a bit. It's been snowy then sunny, and windy then beautiful, and blizzardy then glorious here. It's March in Colorado -- predictably unpredictable. :)

The best thing I've finished lately is a pair of pajamas for my oldest. Tuesday was Pajama Day at school, and even though she's almost 5, she has a size 3 waist. We have a hard enough time keeping her belted jeans up at school, I just knew store-bought pajamas would be Droopy from Guadalupe! :)  So I got out my old Bedtime Story Pajamas pattern from Oliver+S, and modified it.  When I made the first pair for her 3 years ago, I cut the pattern at 18-24 months, so I had to do a fair bit of modifying, but they turned out pretty good!
And the best part? Her pants didn't fall down all day! :)

Other than that, I've been making some bee blocks, catching up from January and February. :-(

Mod Mosaic - January (the bee is now finished, whew!)
January Mod Mosaic Bee ~ For Safiya


Faith Circle of the do.Good Stitches bee - January
January Sparkle Blocks for {Faith} do.Good Stitches bee


Faith Circle of the do.Good Stitches bee - February
The final layout of this quilt is stunning. Debbie J of A Quilter's Table is in charge of this quilt, and WOW!!

HST quilt top



Faith Circle of the do.Good Stitches bee - March (2 of the 9 I have made so far)

Bee Happy - February  (haven't started yet, but aren't the colors cool and refreshing?) :o)


I've also been playing with the layout of my Mod Mosaic quilt again. I realized that I wanted it a bit wider, but didn't want to have to make the blocks, so I took this picture and posted it on Facebook and Instagram and Flickr and asked for everyone's opinions. The overwhelming response was to go with solids in the open space, but place them in a random order. The solids should arrive any day now, and then I can commence to piecing! :)  It'll be really nice to finish this one FOR MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I know which one I like best. What say you? #constructionpaperquilt


I've never made a quilt for myself. Or my children. Dave has one from before we were married, but it's hideous and I hope you never see it. Yes, it's really that bad. :o)

And lots of laundry, lots of other projects just screaming to get out of my head. As usual, right? :o)

I've linked up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for her regular WiP Wednesday post. Go on over there and be inspired by everyone else linking up today!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

9 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be able to decide between the solids and whites for the mod mosaic, they both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, welcome back! Now you really must stop breeding midgets, then you won't have that clothing problem ;o) I was always 2 ages above my real age in children's clothes, used to drive my mum mad!

    Loving the look of your mod mosaic - I'm going for one of these with a difference for my Brit Bee quilt this year, but shhh, don't tell them, my month's not til July, and I want a chance to surprise/horrify them ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute PJs. I agree, the solids definitely look best in this quilt. The white space option looks like someone forgot to finish a tiling job ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh! I agree with the facebook crew! LOVE the solids in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to agree with Kaelyn, I don't think I could choose! The white blocks draw my attention to them however, if you want the color and the piecing to be the focus, I'd go for the colored solids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friends thoughts on the mod mosaic sounds intriguing, looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. when the heck did your little baby grow up!?! wow! she is a little mini-you!

    and about not keeping a quilt for yourself....stop that! I now have three and am so glad! You must keep a quilt for yourself! You must!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the stuff you've got going! And the mosaic is a winner either way...really!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grrrr. I hate when I have this long comment typed up and it disappears after I hit the button. Even worse when I am on my phone and surfing blogs. So well you get the modified version because I used all my witty comments already. Glad to see you posted! Yay! I check back every once and a while even though Google reader says you haven't posted just to see if its wrong. And sad news about google Reader closing. So far Bloglovin isn't doing it for me (hence the lost comment). ANYWAY I am rambling on now so... Yay PJs! Awesome blocks! Love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete

What are you sewing?