Wednesday, April 23, 2014

{WiP} Wednesday ~ And a PATTERN!!

So many WiPs! :o)

Oh, so many.

My first is very exciting. I finally finished and listed this pattern for sale on Etsy!  And it's for sale on Craftsy, too! :)


It's called Love Letters, and it's a pattern for all 26 letters (plus a heart), and each letter is made from squares and pieced quarter circles! Oh, be still my beating heart! :o)

Here's a close-up of the P:


I was inspired by the cover of the ESPN Magazine when Le Bron James was on the cover. See, inspiration is everywhere! ;o)  My hope is that people will use the letters and make personalized quilts. That's expected, right?

I give instructions in the pattern for how to piece quarter circles, but there are loads of tutorials online. I don't use pins or glue. Shocking, I know. ;o)  I just found that the glue made it too difficult, and I found it took a lot more time to use pins, but did not improve accuracy.  Seriously!



Here's my sweet girl playing on the quilt top...which is why this is still a WiP, and not a finish! I'm stumped on how to quilt it!!


(Plus I have 3 other quilt tops that need quilting...shame on me!)

Here's my other gotta-finish-soon WiP -- a t-shirt quilt for Dave's cousin as she graduates from high school.


It's actually a really good project for me right now. I feel like I've only done stressful sewing for so long -- two patterns and quilts for Robert Kaufman at Christmas, a super secret project I can't tell anyone about, and now the alphabet quilt. Sometimes you just need to SEW!!!! I'm not usually a fan of mindless sewing for the sake of finishing another mindless quilt (I like meaning behind my quilts. And patterns.), but it just feels good to sew simple lines and make a simple (yet, meaningful...) quilt. :o) 

I just hope the purple sashing isn't a mistake!

Lots of other stuff on the near horizon. Hopefully I can finish this and start my next must-do-now project and show you some progress next week!

I hope you have a wonderful, and crafty, week!

Linking up with Lee of Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday. :)

7 comments:

  1. Love those colors in your Love Letters quilt! How fun!! And I can't even begin to help with how to quilt it, that's the hardest part :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun new pattern! Very creative, good luck on your launch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I just worked on an ABC quilt myself so I had to peek. I can really appreciate the curved blocks. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, let me give you a tip on the quilting... remove the child first ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun love letters quilt Melissa! I bet it will be popular for baby quilts :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melissa! I seen your comment on Sew With Kelly. I love your idea. The letters are great. The solids really work. Perhaps a better picture highlighting just the letters would show off this great pattern better. Also, I have found that people tend to be afraid to do curved piecing. But be patient. It's a success in my books!

    ReplyDelete

What are you sewing?